Friday 15 January 2010

Today's idea - Go to Poleoke



Right, whilst the idea of Poleoke scares me half to death, it occurs to me it might not you. Today, Poleoke described as karaoke for pole dancing, minus the singing (this, I suspect is called Pole Dancing for alcohol-fuelled people). "It's a dance, it's a laugh, it' a frenzy. Bring a tune and throw your legs in the air."

Rather than being held at the dark end of Yates' it's more of a unique night than this.

Reason 1: There is a meat raffle. Perhaps not the key most important part of the evening, but this goes at the top of my list. I'm now trying to figure how I can fit a meat raffle into my agenda of the year.

There's also a "Bimbo Limbo competition (how low can you go?)" which I can't quite figure if it's sexy or silly. I suspect the latter, which all sounds good. As well as these, there's Dingo Bingo - Australian rules Bingo - and then dancing like crazy until 2am.

It's described by Carola, who sent me the info, as such: "its more of a party disco-thequeue, but interrupted with games and stuff, the pole dancing is a fun competition. In the past we've had all sorts of people, and men doing it, people just having a laugh. There's also a meat raffle and a limbo dancing competition, and some bingo, and in between all those things is dancing. Come along!"

It sounds like good silly nonsense, starts at 10pm, can be found on Facebook here, costs £5, and is held at the Latest Music bar on Manchester Street (Google Maps link here).

No comments:

Post a Comment